New Barryvox Transceiver’s
Mammut has released the Barryvox S and Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver’s to replace the older Mammut Pulse and Element transceivers for this coming Winter.
One of the best beacons in the industry has been improved upon. The Barryvox is intuitive, simple to use, and now more powerful and efficient. For beginners or occasional users the clear symbols, large display and mark function lead you to a precise location quickly. Even if you’re a trained and frequent user, reducing information overload in a high-stress situation is always beneficial.
Some key improvements include an increased 70m search strip width, which can improve search times. Also, the interface on both transceivers has been completely redesigned to help simplifying searching technique in a rescue scenario. Combined, these improvements should drastically improve search and rescue times.
When was the last time you upgraded your transceiver, is it that time? Read more here.
• Ergonomic design is impact-proof and can be operated with gloves on.
• Transceiver software is user-friendly and features a single mark button.
• Buried beacons can be marked to speed up searching in multiple-burial scenarios.
• Display is backlit and easy to read, even with polarized sunglasses.
• Audio and visual guidance provides information on distance, direction and number of victims.
• Group test function activates itself when turning the beacon on.
• 70m search strips speeds signal pick-up and helps save precious seconds.
• Auto-revert function switches a searching beacon to send mode after it has been immobile for 4 minutes.
• Automatic self-test, frequency check and function test ensures your beacon is always functioning properly.
• Battery life is 300 hours in send, followed by 1 hour in search using 3xAAA alkaline batteries.
• Firmware can be updated when new functionalities are added.
• Barryvox® carrying system protects the transceiver and is easy to use with one hand.