Whitewater Avalanche Conditions Report
Whitewater Ski Resort is back with Dave to deliver their final avalanche conditions report of the season.
Some key highlights to be aware of:
– Drastic warming events caused a widespread loose wet avalanche cycle.
– Kootenay Pass saw wet slab avalanches with explosives up to size 3.
– Spring warming cycles can create an isothermal snowpack, which means the snowpack is the temperature is to the base.
– Avalanche Canada is calling the hazard moderate below treeline.
– 5-10cm between Friday and Saturday.
Play safe out there and always check the avalanche conditions at avalanche.ca before heading into the backcountry.