Whitewater Avalanche Conditions Report
Dave from Whitewater Ski Resort and Backcountry Skiing Canada deliver their 7th Avalanche Conditions Report of the Season.
Some key highlights to be aware of:
– 10cm’s of snow in the last three days.
– Isolated wind slabs in the lee features in the alpine 10-15cm thick.
– Persistent slab problem in isolated features on top of January 30th surface hoar and potentially down to the January 14th melt-freeze crust.
– The biggest concern is the January 30th layer as we get more of a slab, especially below treeline.
– 10-20cms this Saturday/Sunday.
– Use Beacon Basin to brush up on your skills.
Always play safe out there and check the Avalanche Canada forecast before planning your trip!