Whitewater Avalanche Conditions Report
Whitewater Ski Resort and Backcountry Skiing Canada have posted their first Avalanche Conditions Report for the coming season. Here is Dave with his report:
Some key highlights to be aware of:
· Early season conditions do exist, please ski with caution
· The main layer in the snowpack is the November 16 Rain Crust, which formed from that atmospheric river last week.
Below this crust are facets.
· 10-15 cm expected Thursday night and another 5-10cm Saturday.
· Good time of year to get your gear out and start to practice your avalanche rescue skills.
· Whitewater Ski Resort’s Tentative opening day is Dec 10.